How I stopped being a workaholic (and realized why I started) - Clear Sky Meditation Centre

 Most of my life I’ve believed that love is something you have to earn.

Thinking I was making myself lovable, I turned into the reliable, responsible one. I was “the one who works so hard.” For a while, it felt like it was working.

Friends, family, and employers often praised and respected me for my strong work ethic.

Nice. Or was it?

Of course, my work had become a substitute for believing that I could be loved and accepted for who I was. It had become my safe place, and I was blind to the fact

that I didn’t know when to stop working. Read more @ https://www.clearskycenter.org/how-i-stopped-being-a-workaholic/


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Ways to Keep Your Meditation Practice Going - Clear Sky Meditation Centre

A Weekend Course on the Tree of Life

Attached to Suffering - Following The Script for the Modern Happy Life